Activity description :
The activity starts at dawn with the picking up of the passengers at the meeting point. Then, the passengers have the opportunity to help during the preparation of the flight: the setting and inflation of the balloon. When the balloon is up, we take off for a ride which will last more than an hour. The wind is the master of our way up the Catalonian landscapes. The landing marks the end of our ride. The "chase crew" comes to collect the balloon and the passengers. Then we all come back to the launchfield and celebrate the balloon experience with a Cava toast and a surprising special brunch. To finish passengers will eventually receive a first flight certificate signed by the pilot.
The activity includes :
- Flight organization, the ballooning team (pilot+crew member).
- Third party insurance according to European law Nº785/2004.
- Briefing, preparation and inflation of the balloon.
- Hot air balloon flight of aprox. 1 hour in duration.
- Landing, balloon and passengers recovery by the chase crew.
- Transfer back to the launchfield in 4x4.
- Cava toast, soft drinks and a surprising meal at the landing spot.
- Delivery of first flight certificates signed by the pilot.
- Option : whole transfer service from Barcelona city centre (extra service).
Timetable : the balloon ride starts in the early morning and ends around noon. the flight lasts 1 hour in duration.
Days of activity : we operate the balloon flights especially during the week-ends, all year long. We can also operate a flight during the week days with a minimum of 4 participants.
Flying period : in Catalonia, it is possible to fly all year long. In fact, flying in winter offers some interesting advantages for the passengers: the weather is generally more stable what allows a longer flight.
Restrictions : a hot-air balloon ride is a very safe activity but in order for our passengers to avoid running any risk, we advise pregnant women and children under 6 y.o. not to fly. hot-air ballooning is an activity depending directly with the weather conditions. In case of unsuitable weather conditions we would postpone the flight to another day.